Florence, Oregon Events: Spring/Summer 2019
There is always something happening in Florence, Oregon. Events fill the spring/summer calendar and keep both residents and visitors happily connected to life in our small city. Here are some of the best celebratory events taking place in Florence this spring/summer:
Spring is Not a Sleepy Time of Year in Florence
Florence seems to take on new energy as spring appears and visitors arrive to take in the glory of life on the Oregon Coast. One of the nice things about this time of year is that many of our visitors pay a visit every year to take part in the annual spring events in Florence, giving the whole community the feeling that we’re welcoming back old friends.
Take a look at the thrilling things going on in Florence over the next few months and start planning a trip to visit soon.
- See Steller Sea Lions – Florence is home to a fantastic wildlife sanctuary called Sea Lion Caves. Hundreds of Steller sea lions come and go from the caves throughout the year, and you can usually spot many of them on the rocks near the caves during the spring breeding season. Join them in their natural habitat by riding the elevator 208 feet down through solid basalt rock and into the largest sea cave in America—12 stories high and more than 100 yards long. A visit to see the sea lions in their habitat is a natural event that will increase your connection to the wild. Check out the Sea Lion Caves website for complete information.
- FlorenceFest ‘19 – Join us for the annual wine, art, and jazz festival taking place April 26-27, 2019 at the Florence Events Center. Taste a selection of outstanding wines from 12 hand-picked boutique Oregon wineries. Listen to some of the finest jazz musicians in the Pacific Northwest. Stroll through an art show hosted by the Florence Regional Arts Alliance. Read here for complete details.
- 112th Annual Rhododendron Festival, Florence, Oregon – If your idea of spring includes surrounding yourself with gorgeous flowers, you must attend Florence’s Annual Rhododendron Festival on May 17-19, 2019, all around Florence. The floral inspiration for 2019 is “Coastal Canvas,” and the artwork hopes to evoke a feeling of the artistic landscape present in Florence, The family-friendly festival is one of the longest-running celebrations in the west and will entertain everyone in your family with a carnival, parades, rhododendron show, craft market, live music, classic car and motorcycle shows, and delicious clam and crab chowder samplings.
Summer Life Heats Up Around Florence
Something is enchanting about living in Florence during the warm summer months, and you’ll find many reasons we call this area Oregon’s Coastal Playground. Lazy days spent playing in the sand and surf at Heceta Beach often transition into savoring a delicious dessert at BJ’s Ice Cream Parlor in Old Town Florence. That said, the summer season is tourist time along the Oregon Coast, and you’re sure to find a long list of daily fun in Florence throughout the summer.
Still, along with individual beach-related activities and other vacation pursuits, there are also more than enough Florence, Oregon, events to keep you busy this summer. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular happenings in the area.
- 8th Annual Wings & Wheels Airport Fly In and Car Show – Classic transportation enthusiasts flock to this show each year, and you can take in all of the action July 6 at the Florence Municipal Airport. All classic makes and models of cars and planes are welcome, and visitors spend time enjoying exciting things such as exhibits, demonstrations, food, and music.
- Old-fashioned Fourth of July Celebration in Old Town Florence – Come and celebrate America’s birthday in Old Town Florence. We throw a big, traditional Independence Day party that features well-loved games and contests, delicious food, and music to delight all ages. Florence caps off the festivities with an outstanding fireworks display that fires off from a barge and reflects off the Siuslaw River.
Lastly, those of us who live here know that what makes Florence, Oregon, events so much fun is the combination of genuinely friendly people, gorgeous scenery, and an abundance of ways to engage in creative and welcoming activities. We hope that you’ll make plans to attend one of our terrific spring/summer events in 2019.
While you’re visiting Florence, we invite you to spend a few nights at The River House Inn. Our unbeatable location in Old Town Florence will make it easy for you to get to the beautiful events that our city has on tap this year. Contact us to find out how we can help make your stay in Florence feel like the best version of home.